Vendor Tips, Tricks and Prep Guide
SLEEP WELL, EAT WELL
- Pack the day before, or even a few days before so you have a clear mind of what you need to bring and are not rushing the morning of.
- Make a list of everything you need to bring
- Get a GOOD night sleep, save the Champagne-popping until after the market ;)
- Eat a GOOD breakfast
- Read through the important emails with scheduling, vendor load-in details and locations
- Ask questions before the morning of the market
- Sharing a booth? Communicate with your partner well before the market
- Check your email the morning of for important last minute details and staff contact info
BOOTH SET UP & DESIGN
- Plan ahead! Create your booth before the market, check out the exact dimensions and don't go over, also don't underestimate the space you paid for!
- Get CREATIVE! Think about a unique way to set up your booth to capture the customer's attention. Don't just lay your products on a table, think about space, wall hangings, art, signs, lights.. But remember, simple is better. Don't get too overwhelming with decor. Also note, you may not have access to a booth with wall space, consider having a vendor behind and beside you. Look up inspiration on our Instagram account!
- Electricity is available but you may not have access, bring extension cords and tape but be cautious of walk ways
- Is your space inviting? Can the customer access all of your products...
- Make sure all of your products are PRICED. This invites the customer to approach the product more, without feeling intimidated to ask how much it may be
- Market the event! Share with your social media following and newsletters. Use the #artisanmarketboone and @artisanmarketboone on Instagram and Facebook to lead your customers to the event
- Personally invite your friends, family and strangers that may be interested, they will appreciate the personal gesture
- Consider doing a giveaway or promote products that you specifically release at the market to build anticipation
- Consider offering free shipping on a product that sold out, so your customer leaves happy and you make another sale
IMPORTANT LIST OF THINGS TO BRING
- Tools and supplies, tape, scissors, wire, string, monkey hooks, extension cord, ect
- Table ( we rent these out), Chair ( we provide one but have more available), shelves, ect
- Packaging supplies, bags, paper, tissue, bubble wrap, ect
- Promotional material, business cards, brochures, flyers
- Phone charger
- CASH bank and Credit Card reading device, we highly recommend Square, accepting credit cards will instantly increase your sales (we have wifi)
- Booth Decor; rugs, lights, signs, photos, art, ect
- Snacks and water
- Your game face; hospitality is everything. Give your customer an incredible shopping experience, they are coming to support HANDMADE , what could be better?